The UAW healthcare sector, Local 4911, extends it’s support and faith to our big three brothers and sisters during these historic contract negotiatons. The UAW has grown over the years and know that UAW members, from across our great country, from all sectors, is strong and optimistic for a good contract.
Summertime is fading fast, and Fall/Winter will be here even faster!
This past year was a very HOT summer and I sure hope you enjoyed it to its fullest, as best as you could while staying safe. For all our fall and winter enthusiasts, your season is approaching fast! Here are some ideas to help plan for a fun cooler season for you and your family.
Please take some personal time for yourself and loved ones.
1. Go skiing. Michigan has famous downhill ski resorts which include Boyne Mountain Resort, Highlands Resort, Crystal Mountain and Cannonsburg (with a peak elevation of 6483 ft, it offers skiers and snowboarders a 3202 ft vertical drop), Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park not only offers alpine and Nordic skiing but ski-in winter cabins as well.
2. Cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. Check out Traverse City, UP’s Noquemanon Trail Network for extensive cross-country skiing and snowshoeing trails.
3. Fat Tire Biking. Carve up the snow on these Michigan trails. Noquemanon Trail Network, Yankee Springs Recreation area, Waterloo Recreation Area.
4. Frozen Waterfalls! Michigan’s Upper Peninsula waterfalls are beautiful in the wintertime. You can try your skills at ice climbing frozen waterfalls at Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore or nearby Munising for the Ice Fest.
5. Ice Golfing! Put a cold-weather spin on a warm-weather favorite at the Saint Ignace annual Ice Golf Scramble. Hint: you will see brightly colored balls on the frozen Lake Huron and glow-in-the-dark balls once the sun sets.
6. Ice Skating, Sledding, Snow Tubing, Mushing and so much more. The Double JJ Resort in west Michigan, the Double JJ offers a wide variety of winter activities: snowshoeing and dog mushing, horse-drawn sleigh rides cross-country skiing and show tubing hills.
May your contract negotiations have the best outcome and please try to enjoy the coming season changes and all Michigan has to offer.
Make those precious memories and always stay safe UAW brothers and sisters everywhere!