Breaking Down Social Security Disability (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Tuesday, October 30 at 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. EST
Friday, November 16 at 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. EST
(Please register for the date and time that works best for you. This webinar will be about an hour.)
If you’re an advocate that would like a better understanding of Social Security’s disability programs, this is the webinar for you.
Social Security Disability (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) are similar, yet different. Presenters Vonda VanTil, Social Security Public Affairs Specialist and Hillary Hatch, Social Security Area Work Incentive Coordinator will break down the two programs and simplify them so that you are better prepared to assist your client.
• Understand the eligibility requirements for each program.
• Recognize the importance of the onset date, retroactivity and the waiting period.
• Distinguish what income and resources are excludable.
• See whose income is countable and how it affects payment.
• Learn about the application process.
• Differentiate between Medicare and Medicaid eligibility.
• Utilize the many online resources from applying to maintaining benefits.
Register early as space is limited.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Page Last Updated: Sep 27, 2018 (10:58:22)